So I totally had a wicked bad dream last night.

In this wild bedtime story, I was flying to Europe with my significant other, when I realized that I didn't bring my wallet! Well, with that situation being bad enough (what with having no money and all), I was going to solve all my problems by whipping out my iphone. I was going to look up my bank account number to get some money transferred to a bank I would locate via Google Maps (because of course they have Bank of Americas in Paris!). Then something truly horrifying happened. I realized I didn't bring my iPhone either! And I was absolutely DEVASTATED! Then I went into total panic mode and actually ended up waking myself up. But really, is my addiction so formidable that I'm driving myself into a nervous coronary because I didn't have my sacred iPhone with me?

What is it about this reliance upon technology? I can't even remember the last time I cracked open the city map I bought for my car before my phone - purchased after getting lost for the umpteenth time. I don't bother to ever ask for directions, or think I can survive an entire night without checking my email. I don't even worry about getting internet service to my apartment because practically everything I would possibly need to do is capable through my iPhone. Facebok? check. Movie times? check. Random factoid via Safari? check. It's absurd how vastly I rely on that tiny piece of technology. And how utterly disappointed I am whenever it fails me. My life revolves around this thing, I mean, I'm having nightmares about living without it!

So the next time anyone asks the question on whether the iPhone is truly the best smartphone out there, I will give my very emphatic YES! I know I've blogged on its glories before, but today I truly realized just how integrated this little baby is in my life. I'll never forsake it!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home